Friday, October 11, 2013

Yes Ma'am...the Shamu Show is in Fantasyland

Submitted by: Anonymous



I was working at the Emporium on Main St. USA in the Magic Kingdom. Shortly after we opened to guests, a lady came in with a Publix bag and said that she had a return. I walked over to help her with the return and she pulled out a bottle opener that still had the price tag on it.

I kindly asked her if she still had her receipt. She suddenly became annoyed and snapped "no, I just want my money back." Being a new Cast Member I was not quite sure how to handle the situation because I had never been placed in such an awkward spot.

She said again that she wanted her money back. I explained to her that  I was not sure if we could take it back. Then it started...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK??? YOU ARE DISNEY WORLD. WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE I ALWAYS HEAR ABOUT?

"Ma'am, I'm sorry but I am not sure you purchased this bottle opener from this store. Are you sure you purchased it here?

YES I DID! ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?!?!?!

"No ma'am. It's just that this bottle opener has a picture of Shamu and says Sea World on it."

THIS IS INSANE! WHERE IS YOUR MANAGER? I BOUGHT THIS HERE AND YOU ARE CALLING ME A LIAR!

"Where is my manager?" I'll be right back.

I went to the back to talk to my manager so I did not have to explain the situation over the phone at the register. He said that we were going to take it back and that we would use an existing sku to return it under and give her cash back. I asked why we were doing this when she clearly was in the wrong. He simply replied "sometimes you can't fight crazy!"



If you are a current or ex-Disney Cast Member and have a story or experience to share, please e-mail us at DisneyCastBlast@gmail.com. All emails will be posted ANONYMOUSLY or by a nickname if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment