Monday, October 28, 2013

World War Showcase

Submitted by: T.J. F.

Photo by: Discount Tickets Orlando
 

I worked custodial one summer on college program at World Showcase (edit: Epcot). I was working around the American Adventure and had a guest ask me where he could get a good beer. I explained to him that the best place was probably the Rose & Crown over at the UK pavilion.

He asked me the easiest shortest way to get there and I explained to him to just keep waling around the lagoon and eventually he would run right into it. He pointed straight ahead and said I just go this way. I walked him closer to the lagoon and said yeah and pointed across the lagoon a bit to the Rose & Crown and showed him where it was on the water front.

He pulled out his sweaty guidemap from his back pocket and I could not understand what the problem was. It wasn't that hard. Just keep walking. He asked if he had to go through the Morocco area to get there because he was not very fond of people from the middle east. I was in shock. Did not know what to say.

Not only was I in shock from the discriminatory statement but also the lack of knowledge in geography and culture. I told him to go back the way he came and follow it around and stay left. What an interesting experience to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment